Technically Empress SR is a Carbomer. This grade of carbomer is Benzene Free grade used in oral preparations, in suspensions, tablets, or sustained release preparation. In tablet formulations,
|Formulation||Claim per tab||Function|
|Metoprolol Succinate||23.75 mg||Active Pharmaceutical Ingradient|
|MCCp 102||34.25 mg||Filler|
|Empress SR||45 mg||Sustained release polymer|
|Magnesium stearate||2 mg||Lubricant|
|Empress SR||20 mg||SR material|
Physical properties of tablets
- Pass Metoprolol Succinate and MCCPH102, Empress SR through 60 # in sifter and aerosil in #40 sifter
- mix it insuitable blender for 15 mins.
- Binder Preparation and Binding:
- Dissolve PVPK30 in IPA and prepare clear solution
- Now bind the Premix using binder prepared in Step 1 and if necessary add additional IPA to get a wet mass ,
- Pass the weight mass through #12 sieve to get uniform wet granules and dry it at inlet temp of 40o c
- Now size the granules using #30 to get dry granules
- Collect the dried granules in blender
- Sift the material Talc, EmpressSR, Mg Stearate and Aerosil with #60 sieve.
- Mix the lubricants in Dried granules and compress the tablet with following parameter
Apparatus : Paddle [Apparatus-2]
Medium : pH 6.8 Phosphate Buffer
Quantity : 500 ml
RPM : 50
Temp : 37±1oC
|Limit||NMT 25%||20-40%||40-60%||NLT 80%|
- This is the tentative formulation and the information is based on laboratory work with small scale equipment and does not indicate the product performance.
- Full scale testing and end product performance are the responsibility of the user.
- We suggest that you may be increase or decrease the quantity of polymer and types of Excipients according to your final formulation/requirements.