Technically Empress SR is a Carbomer. This grade of carbomer is Benzene Free grade used in oral preparations, in suspensions, tablets, or sustained release preparation. In tablet formulations,
|Formulation||Claim per tab||Function|
|Metformin||500.0 mg||Active Pharmaceutical Ingradient|
|PVP k30||30 mg||Binder|
|Empress SR||120.0 mg||Sustained release polymer|
|Mag. Stearate||7.0 mg||Lubricant|
|Mccp 102||Qs to average weight||Filler|
Physical properties of tablets
|Avg. Weight||-||Adjusted as per your punch size|
- Pass accurately weighed Metformin , through #40 in sifter.
- Binding and sizing:
- Take water& slowly add PVP K-30 in it and prepare paste & bind above mixture properly.further add water for kneading and allow the kneading to get uniform wet mass
- Pass the mass through # 10 sieve or 8mm Perforated screen.
- Dry the granules till LOD remains below 2 %.
- Again pass through 16 # mesh
- Sift the Magnesium Stearate, Empress SR, MCCP102 and Talc through 60# sieve separately.
- Mix above mixture in suitable blender with sized granules from step-5.
- Compress the tablet having hardness 10-12kg/cm2.
Apparatus : BASKET [Apparatus-2]
Medium : pH 6.8 Phosphate Buffer
Quantity : 900 ml
RPM : 100
Temp : 37±1oC
- This is the tentative formulation and the information is based on laboratory work with small scale equipment and does not indicate the product performance.
- Full scale testing and end product performance are the responsibility of the user.
- We suggest that you may be increase or decrease the quantity of polymer and types of Excipients according to your final formulation/requirements.